Weird display bug in Alert View > right click > overrides : menu content disappears

Hi everyone,

Quite a confusing one today.

When I right click on any alert in the Active Alerts view and then go to "Overrides", it shows everything that's expected :

But if I just wait for a few seconds, everything in the menu disappears except for "Summary" :

For some other alerts, it displays only "summary" right ahead.

I can get the correct display back by right-clicking another alert then coming back to the first one

I also noticed this does only happen in the "Active Alerts" view, not on any other MP-specific alert view nor on an "all alerts" view created on My Workspace.

But it happens also on a non native "all alerts" view thaat I created myself at the root of Monitoring view.

This is a quite fresh 2012 R2 UR4 deployment (a few weeks old), I tried restarting the console with /clearcache and I'm logged in as a SCOM admin.

I didn't find anything similar on the web, but maybe someone here has already encountered the same issue...

Thanks!

• Edited by CyrAz Wednesday, November 19, 2014 2:16 PM
November 19th, 2014 2:16pm

Does this same behavior happen in other views?  Authoring, my workspace, health explorer?  Have you tried /clearcache?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 19th, 2014 4:10pm

As I wrote on my first post :

"

I also noticed this does only happen in the "Active Alerts" view, not on any other MP-specific alert view nor on an "all alerts" view created on My Workspace.

But it happens also on a non native "all alerts" view that I created myself at the root of Monitoring view.

This is a quite fresh 2012 R2 UR4 deployment (a few weeks old), I tried restarting the console with /clearcache and I'm logged in as a SCOM admin."

So it seems to happen in "root" alert views only, the ones immediatly under "Monitoring".

I've just checked and it doesn't happen in Authoring neither, nor in my workspace as previously mentionned.

• Edited by CyrAz Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:33 PM
November 19th, 2014 4:30pm

Is this issue only in the operations console or do you have this issue n the web console as well ?

Do you have any other operations console of another MS of the same management group ? If yes then is the same issue there as

November 19th, 2014 7:54pm

I have the same issue also, but have not investigated this myself, would be interested in a solution. Were running SCOM 2012 R2 CU3 but was present prior to upgrade (SCOM 2012 SP1).

This issue is present on my laptop console, Management servers console and on a colleges console. It varies between times when it happens (5 seconds to 1 minute).

Leads me to believe this might be a bug. 

November 19th, 2014 10:23pm

As far as I know there is no "overrides" submenu when you do a right-click on an alert view in the web console,so the issue is obviously not present in the web console.

I've tried the local console in both MS of this management group and also from a console installed on my client computer, same issue.

But the issue does not occur if I try to connect to a MS in another management group from any of these consoles, so the issue must be related to this management group or these management serers and not to the consoles.

November 20th, 2014 9:31am

I also found this one post which seems related (even if not exactly the same), but without answer : http://www.systemcentercentral.com/forums-archive/topic/bug-scom-2012-overriding-causes-strange-gui-result/

• Edited by CyrAz Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:33 AM
November 20th, 2014 9:32am

Have you checked the OM logs/system logs to see if there's any possible errors?

November 25th, 2014 1:00pm

This is an ooold known bug. See it in all environments.

Still waiting for a fix but UI has low prio...

November 27th, 2014 12:25am

I have checked the logs for errors and there is nothing that catches my eye, as I said this is a fresh deployment (a couple of weeks old) so there is not much space for possible errors...

I suspected a known bug, but couldn't find much about it online. This is the first time I face this issue, and I have deployed something like a dozen different SCOM environments for different customers....

• Edited by CyrAz Friday, November 28, 2014 5:28 PM
November 28th, 2014 5:26pm

Can you removing the ops manager console and try re installing the ops manager console and check  if you get those options ?

Also what is your user role in SCOM. Are you a part of the ops manager Ad

November 28th, 2014 6:36pm

As said previously :

"I've tried the local console in both MS of this management group and also from a console installed on my client computer, same issue.

But the issue does not occur if I try to connect to a MS in another management group from any of these consoles, so the issue must be related to this management group or these management serers and not to the consoles."

"[...] I'm logged in as a SCOM admin."

November 29th, 2014 10:59am

did some research, it was a known issue, however, there's no fix yet.
December 4th, 2014 12:39pm

So this was still a problem in UR5, and I can confirm it is _STILL_ a problem in UR6.
July 23rd, 2015 8:37pm

Hi CyrAz,

Can you confirm if this issue is solved ?

If not, then can you let us know does this issue where only summary occurs is it a rule or monitor and what type of rule / monitor is it

Name MP Etc to investigate further.

July 24th, 2015 2:23am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics